Now this is neat! [WordPress](http://wordpress.org) does what I want. And this is the reason I converted to WordPress. WordPress is a weblog tool based on PHP with a MySQL database and valid XHTML 1.0. I also did a new theme looking like my old [Mambo](http://www.mamboserver.com) template – with small changes and a CSS file much smaller (about 65% of original size).
What I like about WordPress:
* Easy to create posts
* Various blogger tools (like BloGTK, gnome-blog [and many more…](http://codex.wordpress.org/Weblog_Client))
* The Markdown syntax when posting
* Very customisable (although Mambo may have more features, since it is a CMS, not a weblog)
* Valid XHTML
* Nice and easy to understand backend
* A lot of online documentation
I really like working with WordPress.